Housing Families, Building Communities, Creating a Stronger Frederick

A Celebration of Success!

For our resident, Greer Garcia, caretaking just comes naturally. After years of hard work, she received her Registered Nursing degree from Frederick Community College. Her story demonstrates great determination, resilience and fortitude. We are so proud to watch her achieve her dreams. She wants to share her story so that she can motivate and inspire other women who may be facing similar challenges.

Ms. Garcia was tired of working the same, unfulfilling jobs. She began seeking alternatives and asking for guidance. To read her entire story, click HERE.


This message is only visible to admins.
Problem displaying Facebook posts.
Click to show error
Error: Server configuration issue


Looking for info?  Quick links to Resident FAQ’s,  Applications, Forms and more. Our goal at  Housing Authority of the City of Frederick (HACF) is to do more than just provide a safe, comfortable home for you and your family.


As a proud member of the Frederick community, HACF is working to build stronger stable communities within our neighborhoods. We strive to bridge diversity and unify the Frederick community through our different events. Learn more here.


Through a variety of programs such as, classes, job training, placement and one-on-one assistance, we can help you become employed. Contact Family Services for more information on how to get started. Call 301-696-1875 or more info here.


Get your GED, take classes at FCC, at HACF we can help with tutors and child literacy classes. Attend our garden and cooking classes. If you would like to get started on continuing your education, contact us now 301-696-1875 or get more info here.

Housing Authority of the City of Frederick launches tutoring program with ARPA funds

FNP Talks about Intensive Tutoring Program for our youth

Pensive Paintings; Our Executive Director showcases local artists in our community!

Frederick Magazine-Public Art Grows with New Murals

Young resident graduates with High School Diploma despite the odds!

FCPS Students celebrate graduation after completing summer classes



Special Notice to all Public Housing Residents:

PIH Notice 2021-29 Established Guidance for the “Extension of Time and Required Disclosures for Notification of Nonpayment of Rent

Below is IMPORTANT information regarding lease terminations involving non-payment of rent:
The U.S. Department of Treasury’s (“Treasury”) Emergency Rental Assistance (ERA) program makes funding available to assist households that are unable to pay rent or utilities. The funds were provided directly to states, U.S. territories, local governments, and (in the case of the first program, ERA1) to Indian tribes or Tribally Designated Housing Entities, as applicable, and the Department of Hawaiian Home Lands. Grantees use the funds to assist eligible households through existing or newly created rental assistance programs.
In guidance and FAQs, Treasury advised that participants in HUD-assisted rental programs (including the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV), Public Housing, or Project-Based Rental Assistance programs) are eligible for the ERA program and may receive assistance for the tenant-owed portion of rent or utilities that is not subsidized. In FAQs for PHAs and HCV landlords, PIH clarified that this assistance can include rent arrearages and utilities owed over the utility allowance. The FAQs include additional guidance on interim reexaminations, income calculations, and additional considerations for private landlords participating in the HCV
To learn more about how to apply for ERA go to the Religous Coalition website.
State and local ERA grantees can also be accessed from Treasury’s website using the link “Find rental assistance in your area.”
Leases may not be terminated due to nonpayment of rent until at least 30 days have passed after a tenant receives the notice.

If you have any questions or concerns about this notice, please contact the leasing office (301) 662-8173.

Click here if your company is interested in working with the Housing Authority for upcoming or open
Modernization (Construction or Service) Bids or Requests for Qualifications/Proposals.